GeorgiaCares is the State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) and SMP (Senior Medicare Patrol). Our volunteer-based program provides free, unbiased and factual information and assistance to beneficiaries and their caregivers about Medicare, Medicaid and related health insurance issues including long-term care insurance, prescription drug assistance programs and Medicare fraud, error and abuse. GeorgiaCares counselors provide individual one-on-one counseling, community education and outreach.
Our counselors can help Medicare-eligible individuals understand their benefits, make informed decisions about health care options and provide ways to protect you from Medicare fraud, error and abuse.
- GeorgiaCares is non-biased.
- GeorgiaCares services are free.
- GeorgiaCares is not affiliated with any insurance company.
- GeorgiaCares counselors do not sell or solicit any type of insurance.
- GeorgiaCares counselors help people with Medicare:
- Understand their choices
- Enroll in a Medicare plan that meets their needs
- Review Medicare Summary Notice(s) and Explanation of Benefits
- Sort through medical bills and assist in filing Medicare claims and appeals
- Apply for financial assistance programs to reduce Medicare out-of-pocket expenses
You can contact GeorgiaCares today to request one-on-one counseling, guest speakers, partnership opportunities and information about rewarding volunteer opportunities. Call 1-866-552-4464 Option 4 or visit http://www.mygeorgiacares.org to learn more.