Report Elder Abuse

Reports are accepted by phone Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.


To Report Abuse of Elder Persons or Adults with Disabilities

You can call or file a report on the web.

Note: The online reporting form is not compatible with Internet Explorer 10.

APS is not a first responder. Call 911 if someone is in immediate danger!

1-866-55AGING (+1 866-552-4464) Press "3"

If you are unable to reach a live Intake Specialist, please leave a detailed message or fully complete the web reporting form. Phone messages and web reports will be followed up on the next business day. Leaving a message or completing a web report does not constitute an accepted report for investigation. If you do not receive a follow-up call within 48 hours, please call during regular business hours to follow up on your report.

To report abuse, neglect, or exploitation of an older adult or adult with a disability residing in a long-term care facility (i.e. community living arrangements, personal care homes, intermediate care or skilled nursing homes), contact the Department of Community Health, Healthcare Facility Regulation, 1-800-878-6442 or

*Mandated reporters include: Any person required to report child abuse as provided in subsection (c) of Code Section 19-7-5; medical personnel including physicians, interns, residents and others; osteopaths; dentists; psychologists; chiropractors; podiatrists; pharmacists; physical therapists; occupational therapists; licensed professionals and counselors; nursing personnel; social work personnel; daycare personnel; coroner; medical examiner; employees of a public or private agency engaged in professional health-related services to elder persons or adults with disabilities; clergy members; employees of a financial institution, and law enforcement personnel.

Related Links

National Adult Protective Services Association
National Center on Elder Abuse
National Committee on the Prevention of Elder Abuse
Wallet Card: Elder Abuse Reporting Information