Facility At-Risk Adult Crimes Training (FACT)
The Facility At-Risk Adult Crime Training (FACT) is provided through the Georgia Department of Human Services Forensic Special Initiatives Unit, GBI Crimes Against Disabled Adults, and Elder (CADE) Task Force. This class is reserved for hospital social workers, case managers, discharge planners, care coordinators, and home health providers that respond to the abuse, neglect, and exploitation of at-risk adults. This training is not open to the public. There is no cost for the training.
To help primary and secondary medical and home health providers understand Adult Protective Services and Public Guardianship’s role in responding to at-risk adult crime victims in Georgia.
Attendees will learn:
- The purpose of Adult Protective Services (APS) and their guiding principles
- Criteria and Eligibility
- How to make a successful APS referral
- Types of Abuse, Neglect, and Financial Exploitation
- Suspects and Red Flags
- The purpose of the Public Guardianship Office (PGO)
- APS/PGO Limitations
- How to build a successful working relationship with APS/PGO
- Mandated Reporting
The FACT training will be held virtually using Microsoft Teams.